September 24, 2023

Owl Puss

Find Yourself

Puig launches ‘Scent Visualizer’ tool on Tmall to seduce Chinese consumers

Translated by



Feb 14, 2023

Puig is strengthening its existence in China. Just after the pandemic strike, which affected operations in the current market for the last number of yrs, the manner, cosmetics and perfumery company is now having a step forward in the industry. This newest initiative will involve the launch of the Spanish group’s newest electronic engineering on the Alibaba-owned e-commerce system Tmall. Dubbed the ‘Scent Visualizer’, the device enables customers to “photograph, basically, how the fragrance smells.”

Puig groups up with Tmall – Puig

The advancement potential of this initiative is big. As detailed by Puig and Tmall in a joint statement issued on Tuesday February 14, the Chinese fragrance sector maintained a compound annual growth rate of virtually 15% concerning 2015 and 2020. In excess of the future five many years, this maximize is expected to surpass 22%, a share 3 periods the price of the world wide fragrance sector, in accordance to the analyze ‘Kantar & Eternal Fragrance Report 2021’.

With China as a virtually unexplored location in the fragrance subject, Puig has manufactured it one of its most important concentrate on markets. The firm precisely intends to concentrate on market fragrances. According to the aforementioned evaluation, only 5% of the Chinese populace at this time employs fragrance. With the remaining 95% of potential customers to seduce, Tmall also observed an possibility for development in the fragrance sector and thinks that “educating shoppers is important to long term results”.

Inspired by this desire to educate individuals in buy to establish a new shopper base, the partnership among the two companies emerged in buy to allow users to discover, recognise and visualise aromas, and, eventually, to begin to create need for fragrances in China. 

Educating Chinese individuals to stimulate them to get fragrances

In addition, the technological innovation is run by a visual library of far more than 1,400 unique components and a database of 21,500 perfumes. Recognized as WikiParfum, the on the web platform was launched by the Spanish team in collaboration with the most significant unbiased manual to fragrance classification ‘Fragrances of the World’, developed in 1984 by perfume historian Michael Edwards. 

“We have specially adapted the fragrance descriptions and visualisations to the Chinese customer by working hand in hand with Tmall, which has a really extraordinary customer-centric and fragrance expert crew. We expect this 1st stage to be the starting of a extended-term collaboration which will elevate the fragrance classification for China’s fragrance enthusiasts,” said Puig’s vice president of world innovation and new technologies, Camila Tomas.

Released in China seven weeks in the past, the ‘Scent Visualizer’ software initially highlighted 25 worldwide fragrance models that noticed a 5% maximize on their on the internet GMV (Gross Merchandising Benefit). Additionally, as specific by the two corporations, conversion and regular transaction price ratios also enhanced “as buyers produced purchase choices extra speedily when they could ‘read’ the scent and were keen to pay much more to enjoy the treasured ingredients when individuals have been displayed in a clear and coherent way across models they like,” said Puig.

“As China’s fragrance marketplace continues to expand, there is tremendous interest from Chinese people in discovering out about new fragrances, as effectively as getting their favourite scents,” said Tmall’s fragrance category director, Bao Ling.

At present, the spouse and children-owned corporation operates in the natural beauty and vogue division with manufacturers this sort of as Carolina Herrera, Paco Rabanne, Jean Paul Gaultier, Dries Van Noten, Nina Ricci, Byredo, Penhaligon’s, L’Artisan Parfumeur, Kama Ayurveda and Loto del Sur and has licenses with models this kind of as Christian Louboutin and Comme des Garçons Parfums as very well as with way of life fragrances this sort of as Antonio Banderas, Adolfo Dominguez, and Benetton. Puig also owns the luxury make-up model Charlotte Tilbury, and is lively in the specialised ‘Derma’ division with Uriage, Apivita, and the joint enterprise in Isdin.

The Spanish family-owned organization recorded sales of €2.59 billion in 2021 and expects its turnover to exceed €3 billion by 2022. By 2025, the business expects the market place to account for a quarter of its gross sales. In 2020, revenues in the region amounted to €100 million, twice as considerably as in the prior 12 months. The corporation distributes its products and solutions in a lot more than 150 countries and has offices in 29 of them.

Copyright © 2023 All rights reserved.